Friday, October 28, 2011

Roast Veggies

I had some organic vegetables I got from The Fruit Guys and made a meal around them. Sometimes it's better to work out your vegetable dish and then add the meat and side. Yeah, that's how I roll - meat, veg, side. It's the American way. This dish was accompanied with braised beef (steak and ribs with fig) and garlic-and-thyme potatoes.

Heat oven to 500, lay foil on a cookie sheet and oil it. Cut your root veg 1/2 inch thick. I had beets and carrots. Lay out on foil, brush with olive oil, salt them and lightly sprinkle with sugar (not a lot, but a little helps give them a caramelized flavor). I also broke up some cauliflower and added that. Roasted cauliflower is amazing.

Cook for 20 minutes, checking on them in 15. Test with a fork for tenderness. Then, with just a pat of butter, flip them a few times in a hot pan to coat. Serve.

Clean-up means throwing out the foil. Or wash it and recycle if you're that way.

I'll have recipes for braising soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment